Friday 27 September 2013

Obama invites Rouhani around for sleepover

In what has been widely acclaimed as a thawing in relations between the USA and Iran, President Rouhani of Iran made a phone call to President Obama earlier today. US officials confirmed that Mr Rouhani would be attending a sleepover at the White House.

Mr Rouhani's mother, Ayatollah Khomeini, has given him permission to stay over for one night, on the condition that he goes to bed by 10pm, and does not drink any fizzy drinks. The Ayatollah posted on mumsnet: "He becomes extremely hyperactive if he drinks Coca Cola. Also, it is bad for your teeth. A jihad upon the destroyer of enamel".

(Source) Ayatollah Khomeini waves to Rouhani after dropping him off on his first day as president
Mr Obama announced "I'm having a small slumber party with some of my friends, like John [Kerry] and Bill [Clinton]. My mum said it would be nice to invite the new kid". He added "It's gonna be cool, we're gonna watch Star Wars. No girls allowed".

Mr Rouhani was recently elected as president of Iran, and is described as a 'moderate'. Benyamin Netanyahu has been critical, saying "Calling him [Rouhani] a moderate politician of Iran is like saying he's the most talented singer in The Wanted. It's bullshit". Mr Netanyahu has snubbed the sleepover, and released a statement saying "I can't be bothered with Obama's sleepover, there wont be any girls there, it's totally gay. I'm having a nuclear party at my place, gonna dance around a warhead in my underpants"

2 comments:

  1. I thought that last sentence read, '...gonna dance around with a warhead in my underpants'.. but the actual sentence makes way more sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in a figurative sense, there would also be a warhead in his underpants...
      I'm clearly not above crude euphemism, kudos for spotting one that I missed!

      Delete